If you have any questions about these guidelines and policies, please contact us.
Before Your Surgery
- Arrange for a friend or family member to drive you home after surgery. Arrange to have a responsible adult stay with you for at least 4 hours after surgery.
- If you have small children, make child care arrangements so you may rest when you return home. If you are accompanying a patient, do not bring small children as we do not have facilities for their care.
- If the patient does not speak English, or is in need of an interpreter, please bring an interpreter or contact the Surgery Center 3 days in advance to arrange one.
- Prior to surgery, we will call you to ask about your health history. Please provide us with the names of any medications you are currently taking. We will give you important instructions.
The Night Before Your Surgery
- Please do not eat or drink anything after midnight.
- If you need to take essential medications, you must do so with no more than 1 ounce of water no later than 3 hours before your surgery.
- If you do not follow these guidelines, your surgery maybe cancelled. If there are necessary exceptions to these instructions, a nurse or doctor from the Surgery center will discuss them with you.
- If you smoke, you are advised to refrain from smoking the day before your surgery.
Please contact your surgeon or the Surgery Center immediately if you experience any change in your health. Even minor elevations in your temperature, a cold, or a cough should be reported. If you suspect you may be pregnant, please notify your surgeon. Anesthesia and medications could be harmful to a developing fetus.
The Morning of Your Surgery
Before your procedure at the Surgery Center, the nurse must talk to the person who is going to take you home. Please have that person come into the center with you or be available by telephone before the procedure.
- Wear flat shoes or slippers.
- If you wear contact lenses, you may have to remove them prior to surgery, so please bring your glasses.
- If your child is undergoing surgery, please bring along a comforting toy or blanket. Parents of a minor child are required to stay at the Surgery Center for the duration of the child’s care. We would be happy to give you and your child a tour of the facilities prior to the day of the procedure.
- Friends and relatives (1 at a time) may join you in the recovery room as soon as you are awake and able to visit with them. Children under 5 years old are not allowed in the recovery room.
- If you are bringing a child for surgery, please bring an approved child car seat.
- Please bring your ID, current insurance cards, Medicare card, or completed insurance form with you.
- Please bring a list of your current medications’ names and dosages.
- Please bring inhalers and/or CPAP machine.
- Please be sure to bring with you any personal items you may need.
In order to make you stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible, a couple days prior to your procedure, a nurse will contact you to obtain a brief medical history as well as insurance information. If you want a tour of the facility, an appointment can be made at that time.
Insurance and Billing
We accept most forms of insurance. Please contact our office for more information.